This blog is a way for us to share our ideas and our learning with other people in our school, our community and around the world. It is very important that we understand how to use the blog and the internet in a secure way.
For us to have a purposeful and safe blog we must remember the following guidelines:
Only use your first name when blogging.
- Anyone from around the world can see our blog through the Internet. It is important that you do not put your last name on the blog so strangers don’t know who you are.
Parents who use the blog should also only use their first names.
- Parents should only use their first names so they don’t accidentally identify their child in the blog. (Please post comments as “Sarah, (John’s mum)” or “Danny, (Megan’s dad)” etc.)
NEVER give out any personal information.
- You should never give out information about where you live, email addresses or phone numbers.
All comments on the blog are approved before being published.
- All comments are screened before posting to make sure that there are no negative or inappropriate comments going onto the blog. If someone posts something that the teachers do not want others to see, we will not publish it to the blog.
Be friendly, helpful and polite.
- Only post comments that are positive and friendly. Never post anything that could upset someone who reads it.
Remember to do your best writing.
- Even though you are commenting on the Internet you still need to do your best writing. Remember to use capital letters and punctuation like full stops and commas. Don’t use text talk like m8, thanx or l8r and most of all check your writing before you post. Remember everyone can read it so make it your best effort!
Be aware of copyright.
- Remember you can’t just use anything from the Internet and call it your own. Make sure you only use copyright free images, music or text.
Have fun and share, share, share!!!
- Enjoy reading our blog and making comments/posts. Don’t let the guidelines stop you from commenting!